“I sure as hell don't want to bethe first one across this field. 我他妈的真不想成为第一个上阵的炮灰。”
“Time seems irrelevant except for the fact that I am bored
“He reminded me that at his age a good fire is better than anything
“总想写点什么 纪念曾经的日子 却发现 曾经的慷慨激昂 消失不见 心中无限的坦然 我们总是在追寻”
“You know, some of the boys are sayingif we ain't gonna fight...we could just settlethis whole business with a little. 知道吗,有些我们的人说:如果我们不去开战…我们可以用玩牌的方式决定胜负。”
“Nobody's made a run either way.It's been a standoff all damned day. 都是按兵不动真他妈的死气沉沉的一天。”
“I believe I would be having the time of my life. 我肯定如果不是他,我这段时间可能更愉快。”
“I ain't kidding. These boys are shooters.Come on. Go under cover. 我可不是开玩笑,那些男孩个个都是神****,来,躲起来。”
“that my negotiations with the wild people of the plains will bear fruit
“My idea was only to take the horse,not fall down. 我的主意只是去偷马可没叫你摔下来。”
“Other times, they'll be thick,like curls on a whore. 而有时候,它们又成群的出来,多得像婊子脸上的褶子。”
“Not what you would call much of a going concern now, is it?
“我从来没有经历过这样的战斗,和丑陋的政治目的无关,也和领土,财富争端或者救人无关,人们为了保护过冬的食物储备而战,为了保护近在咫尺妇女、孩子而战!”
“and the country is everything I dreamed it would be
“Most of my work has been geared toward creating the illusionof strength and stability
“There can be no place like this on Earth. “地球上不会有这样一片净土.”
“Sometimes they are strangeand it's hard to understand them. 有时候他们很奇妙也很难理解其中奥妙。”
“And whatever God may be,I thank God for this day. 无论上帝怎样对待他的子民我都对他心存感激。”
“I have come to enjoy the patterns of my life at Fort Sedgewick