无论何般困窘,都不应该忘记对生活的热爱与追求,我们的奋斗将决定这我们所追求的生活。人其实天生就在种种外因上不平等,但每个人在追求幸福上确始终是平等的,《当幸福来敲门》中克里斯父子的故事便是对此最好的诠释,这不仅是美国梦,更是献给世界的幸福梦,我们都无法得知幸福什么时候会来敲门?但不忘初心,幸福终会敲响你的门。
《当幸福来敲门》台词
克里斯:我坐在那儿半个多小时一直想编出个来解释为什么我到这里却穿着这身衣服,我想编出个故事来证明我拥有你们所期待的品质,比如诚实勤奋团队精神等等,但我什么也没能想出来。事实上我因为没有付清停车罚款被拘捕了。
Chris: I've been sitting there for more than half an hour trying to make up a story to explain why I came here wearing this dress. I want to make up a story to prove that I have the qualities you expect, such as honesty, diligence, team spirit, etc., but I can't think of anything. In fact, I was arrested for not paying my parking fine.
面试官:什么?罚单?(笑)
Interviewer: what? infringement notice? (laughter)
克里斯:我从局子•••警局一路跑过来的
Chris: I ran all the way from the police station
面试官:你被拘留前在干嘛?
Interviewer: what were you doing before you were detained?
克里斯:我正在刷墙。
Chris: I'm painting the wall.
面试官:现在差不多该干了吧。
Interviewer: it's almost time to do it now.
克里斯:希望如此。
Chris: I hope so.
面试官:jay说你已经下了决心。
Interviewer: Jay said you've made up your mind.
jay:他已经拿着40磅重的玩意在写字楼前等了一个多月了。
Jay: he's been waiting in front of the office building for more than a month with a 40 pound thing.
面试官:他说你很聪明。
Interviewer: he said you were smart.
克里斯:希望如此。
Chris: I hope so.
面试官:你想学做业务?
Interviewer: do you want to learn business?
克里斯:是的
Chris: Yes
面试官:你已经开始自学了吗?
Interviewer: have you started self-study?
克里斯:正是。
Chris: exactly.
面试官:jay,你见过他多少次?
Interviewer: Jay, how many times have you met him?
jay:不,这不知道,大约一到两次吧。面试官:他曾这样穿过吗?
Jay: No, I don't know. About once or twice. Interviewer: has he ever worn it like this?
jay:不,都是西服领带的。
Jay: No, they're all suits and ties.
面试官:你的学历,高中?
Interviewer: your education background, high school?
克里斯:是的。先生。
Chris: Yes. sir.
面试官:你们班上多少人?
Interviewer: how many people are there in your class?
克里斯:12个,那是个小镇。
Chris: 12. It's a small town.
面试官:我知道了。
Interviewer: I see.
克里斯:可我在海军服役时是班上的第一名,那时班上有20个人。可以再说几句吗?我•••我是这样一种人,你向我提问如果我不能答上来,我就会告诉你‘我不知道’,当我可以保证,我清楚我可以找到答案的,我会找到答案的。这样可以了吗?
Chris: but I was number one in my class when I was in the Navy, and there were 20 people in my class. Can you say a few more words? I'm the kind of person that you ask me questions. If I can't answer them, I'll tell you 'I don't know'. When I can guarantee that I know I can find the answer, I'll find the answer. Is that ok?
面试官:假如有人没有穿衬衫就跑来面试,然后我却录用了他,你会怎么评价?
Interviewer: what would you say if someone came to the interview without formal clothes and I used him?
克里斯:那他的裤子一定很不错。
Chris: then his trousers must be very good.